About Tailor Made
Tailor Made is one of the UK’s top commercial kitchen and bar designers. We supply and install commercial kitchen and bar equipment. All fitted by our employed commercial installation experts.
Tailor Made are renowned in the UK as experts in kitchen, bar and restaurant design and supply. We work on projects for both back and front of house nationwide. So if you are looking for a complete Bar and Restaurant Refurbishment or just looking for a specific piece of Commercial Kitchen Equipment, then we can help.
Our history working with Commercial Kitchens and Restaurants nationwide
Jim Stevens set up Tailor Made in 2005. He used the previous experience that he gained as the Director of the Bradshaw Group and HCE Foodservice Equipment, to set up his own company.
In the early days, the company focused on Commercial Kitchen service and maintenance, but it didn’t take long for Tailor Made to develop into other areas and for its popularity to take hold. The company now offers, Consultancy, Commercial Kitchen Design, Commercial Kitchen Equipment Supply and Commercial Kitchens Installation services.
Jim explains: “I called it Tailor Made because the name symbolised my vision of providing a completely tailored service for the customer. We used our huge network of nationwide service engineers to assist with the delivery of our projects. Our customers loved it, as they only had one call to make before leaving us to take care of the rest. The business expanded quickly and we soon recruited our own engineers”.
Tailor Made’s customers began to ask if the company could assist in all elements of the process, from design to installation, to the supply of Commercial Kitchen Equipment. It was quite a jump, but Tailor Made were happy to oblige and it was the best decision the company ever made.”
The business continued to grow and it wasn’t long before Jim’s wife, Anne gave up her job to help the financial side of the business. The company eventually relocated to Portishead’s Kestrel Court and it has remained there ever since, complete with an outdoor warehouse facility.
The success story continues…
- Tailor Made was nominated as ‘Supplier of the Year and Won Newcomer of the year’.
- A continued close relationship with the ever-expanding Loungers Group, has seen the company carry out over 100 successful installations and have worked side by side for over 10 years.
- Tailor Made continue to develop their National Accounts or Chain Accounts business and have worked in the four corners of the country. Stevens states “wherever our clients decide to open their next branch or site, we are there.”
- The company continues to recruit and expand.
- James Austin joined the business to head up Sales and Marketing and now heads up the Northern territory.
- Dean Johnson, an industry thoroughbred, joined as Key Accounts Manager and works out of the Midlands
- Two new additional engineers joined giving us strength with our highly trained, in-house installation teams.
Tailor Made’s continued success is down to the personal service provided. Most business comes from referrals, recommendations, or repeat business from existing customers. This is testament to the extraordinarily high levels of customer service that the company has become renowned for.
Whether you need some quick advice on Commercial Kitchen Equipment, or some guidance on the strategic planning for a Bar and Restaurant Refurbishment. Tailor Made can guarantee you will receive professional and friendly service, together with unparalleled attention to detail.