What we do
Tailor Made is one of the UK’s top commercial kitchen and bar designers. We design, supply and install commercial kitchens and bars with a full range of catering equipment. We offer our solutions to commercial kitchens and bars across a range of catering sectors including leisure, education, restaurants/bars, hotels and health service.
Most importantly, all of our projects are fitted by our employed commercial installation experts.
Tailor Made are known in the UK as experts in kitchen, bar and restaurant design and supply. We work on projects for both back and front of house nationwide. So if you are looking for a complete Bar and Restaurant Refurbishment or just looking for a specific piece of Commercial Kitchen Equipment, then we can help.
Our objective is to increase productivity and profitability in your business, we understand that equipment layout and equipment choice is critical to operational success, as is paying attention to your energy usage and consumption.
Our history working with Commercial Kitchens and Restaurants nationwide
Jim Stevens set up Tailor Made in 2005. He used the previous experience that he gained as the Director of the Bradshaw Group and HCE Foodservice Equipment, to set up his own company.
In the early days, the company focused on Commercial Kitchen service and maintenance, but it didn’t take long for Tailor Made to develop into other areas and for its popularity to take hold. The company now offers, Consultancy, Commercial Kitchen Design, Commercial Kitchen Equipment Supply and Commercial Kitchens Installation services.
Jim explains: “I called it Tailor Made because the name symbolised my vision of providing a completely tailored service for the customer. We used our huge network of nationwide service engineers to assist with the delivery of our support. Our customers loved it, as they only had one call to make before leaving us to take care of the rest. The business expanded quickly and we soon recruited our own engineers”.
Tailor Made’s customers began to ask if the company could assist in all elements of the process, from design to installation, to the supply of Commercial Kitchen Equipment. It was quite a jump, but Tailor Made were happy to oblige and it was the best decision the company ever made.”
The business continued to grow. The company eventually relocated to Portishead’s Kestrel Court and it has remained there ever since, complete with an outdoor warehouse facility.
The success story continues…
- A continued close relationship with the ever-expanding Loungers Group, has seen the company carry out over 180 successful installations and have worked side by side for well over 10 years.
- Tailor Made continue to develop their National Accounts or Chain Accounts business and have worked in the four corners of the country. Stevens states “wherever our clients decide to open their next branch or site, we are there.”
- The company continues to recruit and expand.
- James Austin joined the business to head up Sales and Marketing and was promoted to General Manager in 2019.
- Two new additional apprentice engineers joined giving us future strength with our highly trained, in-house installation teams.
- Ian Forder, Liam Spear and Tom Bolsover joined to strengthen the design and sales team.
Tailor Made’s continued success is down to the personal service provided. Most business comes from referrals, recommendations, or repeat business from existing customers. This is testament to the extraordinarily high levels of customer service that the company has become renowned for.
Whether you need some quick advice on Commercial Kitchen Equipment, or some guidance on the strategic planning for a Bar and Restaurant Refurbishment. Tailor Made can guarantee you will receive professional and friendly service, together with unparalleled attention to detail.